GUYS… These muffins were a random combination of all my favorite muffin recipes, and thus these sultry nuggets of chocolately goodness were born! I think I’m starting to become the muffin queen. I make a new batch every week and so far I think these are my fav. I hope you enjoy!
raw cacao muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 c traditional rolled oats
- 3/4 c almond meal (or pulp… I used leftover from making almond milk)
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsp water & soak 5 mins)
- 1/2 c raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c coconut sugar
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 c cacao nibs, carob chips, or semi-sweet choc chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil or line with muffin cups. Whip up the flax egg and allow it to sit while you prepare the remainder of the muffin batch.
- Put all ingredients (except choc chips) into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, but try not to over-blend. I did about 1-2 min, then scrape the sides, 1 more minute.
- If you don’t have a high-speed blender, then smash bananas in a bowl and add all wet ingredients to it. Combine. Once combined, add all dry ingredients and mix again. You will need to use oat flour instead of oats, OR make sure to blend up your oats in a food processor/blender beforehand to make oat flour.
- Spoon batter equally into the muffin tins. Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top!
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Stuff your face.
Last step is a necessity! Hehe. But seriously these are delish and (mostly) healthy-ish.