Pumpkin is a delicious & nutrient packed fruit! (yes, pumpkin is technically a fruit). This superfood is high in fiber, helps you to feel full, improves your blood pressure & heart health, and even helps you to sleep better!
I always struggle to get enough protein in, so I added some of Sunwarrior’s Plant-based Protein powder! I love it because it has such pure ingredients. It’s also vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free & low in sugar. You can take a look at their protein, bars & supergreens by visiting their site HERE.
Enjoy this delicious super-muffin!!! ♥
- 1 1/2 c whole grain spelt flour
- can sub whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tbsp Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice (or cinnamon… nutmeg & clove if you have them)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp water & soak)
- can sub 2 real eggs as well
- 1/3 c raw honey
- 1/3 c coconut oil, melted
- can sub butter
- 1 cup pure organic pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c mini cacao chips or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin w/ coconut oil & set aside
- Combine dry ingredients together in large bowl & set aside. In small bowl, mix flax meal & water to create flax eggs. Let sit 5 mins.
- Combine all wet ingredients & flax eggs in a medium bowl.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients & be sure not to over-mix!
- Scoop into muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Eat within 2-3 days or freeze & enjoy later!