whole wheat & seed artisan bread
(inspired by my mamas bread)
okay, i’ve made this a couple times and i finally think i’ve found the
right recipe to make it taste how i like.
3 c. whole wheat all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. yeast
1 1/2 c. warm water
1/4 c. sunflower seeds
1/8 c. flax seeds
1. in a bowl, stir flour, salt, yeast & warm water until combined.
then sprinkle seeds on top, turn over & sprinkle more until covered evenly.
2. cover with plastic wrap and set at room temperature for 8 – 24 hours
3. turn dough onto well floured surface & carefully form a ball
4. allow to rest for 30 minutes
5. in the meantime, place baking dish with high sides into the oven
& preheat to 450 degrees
6. slash “x” on top of the loaf
7. carefully transfer to baking dish & cover. bake for 30 minutes.
8. uncover & bake 10-15 minutes more until golden brown
9. cool before slicing